Thu, 18 Jan|
Intermediate - Part 2 (units 12 & 13)
Advance your NZSL journey with MySign Online! Our interactive, teacher-led classes continue online. Join our 8-week course starting Thursday, 18th January (previously scheduled for Tuesday, 24th October), from 6:15pm to 7:45pm. Your qualified NZSL teacher awaits!
Date, Time & Location
18 Jan 2024, 6:15 pm – 7:45 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
Embark on an engaging online learning journey with our qualified NZSL teacher. Our 8-week online course begins on Thursday 18th January from 6:15 pm to 7:45 pm. This course is designed for students who have completed between 60 - 70 hours of NZSL or have successfully finished Intermediate (Part 1) online or Level 2a onsite.
Dates: 18/1, 25/1, 1/2, 8/2, 15/2, 22/2, 29/2 and 7/2
Course Fee: $150 for full 8-week class, including weekly e-handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Intermediate - part 2 (Level 2, Units 12 and 13)
Teacher: Maria Griffiths
By the end of course, learners will:
Unit 12 - My Workplace
- Compare various jobs and work conditions
- Describe personal qualities and skills required for work roles
- Explain simple instructions for common work-related tasks
- Demonstrate appropriate ways to interact with Deaf people in workplaces
Unit 13 - Leisure Time
- Recount personal experiences about recreation, sports, hobbies and interests
- Discuss, agree, announce and explain information about leisure
- Give simple instructions or rules for an activity or game
- Explain goals for future activities/skills: wish list and reasons
- Registering online secures your place in the course. A minimum number of students is required; the course may be postponed or canceled if this threshold is not met. Please review our cancellation policy.
- Upon completing registration, you will receive a confirmation email with essential details, including the Zoom link to join the course. Check your spam folder if you don't receive the email.
- All you need is a computer/laptop with a webcam and internet connection. Please note that tablets and mobiles are not recommended for online learning.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the end of the course for those who attend at least 80% of the classes (6 out of 8).
- Consider requesting your employer to cover the course cost for your professional development. If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us at email@example.com with their Reference/Purchase Order number.
We're excited to have you join us on this enriching learning adventure!
This NZSL Online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor.$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee