Thu, 07 Oct|
NZSL for Health Online - Part 2
Learn NZSL online fast! A 3-week crash course for health professionals with little bit of NZSL skills. Costs $49 incl. e-handout. Starting Thursday, 7th October from 6.00pm - 7.00pm.
Date, Time & Location
07 Oct 2021, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for health professionals. You will learn health-related signs that will help you communicate with your Deaf patients and clients. Starting Thursday, 7th October. This is suitable for students with basic knowledge of NZSL (with approximately 3 - 5 hours of NZSL tuition in the past).
Dates: 7th October, 14th October and 21st October.
Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
Course Outline for Health Professionals #2
Class One - Medical Conditions
· exchange greetings and ask about well-being
· name common health problems
· review symptoms and use negation when describing symptoms
· review numbers 1 – 20 and learn numbers 21 – 30
· learn days of week and clock time
· Deaf culture - responses to questions
Class Two - Body functions
· describe basic functions of main body organs
· explain briefly about discomfort and pain-related experience
· learn numbers 31-40
· use of numbers for age
· Deaf culture - literacy levels and health knowledge
Class Three - Scans and procedures
· describe and refer to common diagnostic tests and scans
· use of numbers for ranking
· review time concept in NZSL and talk about simple booking appointment time
· Deaf culture - how to work with an interpreter including informed consent
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee