Tue, 31 Oct|
Advanced - Part 4 (units 24 & 25)
Embark on your NZSL learning adventure with MySign! Our 8-week online course, led by a qualified NZSL teacher, is designed to boost your skills. Please note the course start date has been postponed to Tuesday, 31st October, from 7:30pm to 9:00pm. Don't miss this chance!
Date, Time & Location
31 Oct 2023, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
About The Course
Discover NZSL Online with MySign!
Join our interactive NZSL course led by certified teacher Victoria Lessing. It's your opportunity to master New Zealand Sign Language from the comfort of your home. Get ready for an enriching 8-week journey starting on Tuesday, 31st October (previously scheduled for 24th October) from 7:30pm to 9:00pm. This course is ideal for students who have successfully completed Advanced - Part 3 online or Level 3c onsite.
All you need is a computer or laptop equipped with a webcam and a stable internet connection. Please note that tablets and mobile devices are not recommended for optimal online learning.
Dates: 31/10, 7/11, 14/11, 21/11, 28/11, 5/12, 12/12 and 19/12
Time: 7.30pm - 9.00pm (1.5 hours per session)
Course Fee: $150 for full 8-week course
Level: NZSL Advanced - Part 4 (Level 3, Units 24 & 25)
Teacher: Victoria Lessing
At the end of course, the learners will learn:
Unit 24 - Discussing Health Conditions
- Take complex information written on particular health conditions, identify the important points to cover
- Organise the information into three areas, symptoms, causes and treatments
- Create a concise 5-minute presentation (video)
Unit 25 - Storytelling
- Develop characters for storytelling
- Practice role-shifting for character reactions / comments
- Understanding special storytelling features (i.e. repeated sequence of actions, rhythmic sign movement, onomatopoeia and metamorphosis)
- Choose a story and re-tell it in NZSL.
- Registering online secures your spot in the course.
- A minimum number of students is required; if not met, the course may be postponed or cancelled.
- Please review our cancellation policy.
- After registration, you'll receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link for the course. Check your spam folder if you don't see it.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be issued upon meeting 80% attendance (6 out of 8 classes).
- Funding from Employers: Consider approaching your employer for professional development funding. If your organisation is covering the course fee, please email us with their Reference/Purchase Order number (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ready to embark on this exciting NZSL journey? Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Enrol today and enhance your sign language skills with MySign!
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee