Wed, 01 Nov|
Beginner - Part 5 (units 8 & 9)
Master NZSL online with MySign! Experience fully interactive learning with a certified NZSL teacher in our 8-week course, starting on Wednesday, 1st November (previously scheduled for October 25th) from 6.45pm to 7.45pm. Join us for an engaging online class!
Date, Time & Location
01 Nov 2023, 6:45 pm – 7:45 pm NZDT
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) Online with MySign!
Join our immersive online NZSL course via MySign and experience interactive learning with a certified NZSL teacher. Over 8 weeks, starting on Wednesday, 1st November (previously sheduled for 25th October), 6.45pm - 7.45pm, you'll embark on a journey to enhance your sign language skills.
This course is perfect for students who have completed Beginner (Part 4) online course or Beginner 1c onsite courses, totaling approximately 35 - 45 hours of NZSL tuition.
All you need is a computer/laptop with a webcam and internet connection. Please note that tablets and mobiles are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 1/11, 8/11, 15/11, 22/11, 29/11, 6/12, 13/12 and 20/12
Time: 6.45pm - 7.45pm
Course fee: $130 for full 8-week class including weekly e-handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Beginner - Part 5 (Level 1, Units 8 & 9)
Teacher: Jaime Randhawa
By the end of this course, you'll have the skills to:
Unit 8 - My Place
- Invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
- Give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
- Describe identifying features of their home (e.g. two storey, brick, white fence)
- Understand and give simple directions to their homes
- Identify rooms in a house
- Name essential household items relevant for visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper)
Unit 9 - Everyday Activities
- Communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
- Talk about destinations (places) and modes of travel
- Describe and discuss plans
- Make interruptions (e.g. to ask a third person for information or suggest a different idea)
- Wrap up activities, review, final activity and/or event
- Registering online secures your spot in the course.
- Minimum student enrollment is required for the course to proceed; if not met, the course may be postponed or cancelled. Check our cancellation policy before enrolling.
- After registration, you'll promptly receive a confirmation email containing the Zoom course link. If you don't see it, check your spam folder.
- Achieve a Certificate of Attendance by maintaining 80% attendance (at least 6 out of 8 classes).
- Explore funding options from your employer and contact us with their reference if applicable.
Ready to embark on this exciting NZSL journey? Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Enrol today and enhance your sign language skills with MySign!
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).$130.00Tax: +$3.25 WebsiteFee