Deaf Culture & NZSL Webinar
Time & Location
About The Event
Learn about Deaf Culture and New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) in this informative 2 hours workshop presented by a Deaf presenter in NZSL, with a NZSL interpreter. A great introduction to the Deaf culture, Deaf community and NZSL as a language.
Essential professional development for front-line staff, those working in restaurant, healthcare, services, trade, community - anyone!
Presenter: Rachel Walker (Deaf NZSL tutor)
Interpreter: Leila Vanderlaan
Date/time: Wednesday, 6 October (6.00pm - 8.00pm)
Where: At your home - Zoom link will be provided once you have registered
Cost: $39 per person includes workshop and e-handout.
• Difference between hearing impaired and D/deaf
• Deaf culture and literacy (cultural/literacy issues)
• Visual Communication strategies and tips
• How to make your organisation/service Deaf-friendly
• Useful technologies & resources
• Basic NZSL taster session
Please note that registering online confirms your place on this workshop. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact MySign Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 021 29 39 898.
Ask your employer to cover your course fee, to do this, you will need to email to email@example.com and we will register you manually. Your invoice will be sent to you so your employer/organisation can pay for your course fees.
- Deaf Culture course fee$39+$0.97 BookingFee$39+$0.97 BookingFee0$0