Tue, 17 May|
Canterbury Deaf Society
NZSL course - Christchurch - Beg 1d
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 8-week evening course. This is NZSL Beginner (Level 1d) course. Suitable for those students with previous knowledge of NZSL or have completed approx. 45-50 hours of NZSL tuition in the past. $150 for 8-week course incl. e-handouts, homework and certificate.
Date, Time & Location
17 May 2022, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Canterbury Deaf Society, 80 Fitzgerald Avenue, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Christchurch!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a NZSL beginner 1d course - suitable for students who have completed 1a, 1b and 1c courses (or have approximately 45-50 hours of NZSL skills). Certificate of Attendance and will be issued at the end of the course*.
Days: Tuesdays, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Dates: 17/5, 24/5, 31/5, 7/6, 14/6, 21/6, 28/6 and 5/7 (8 weeks)
Level: NZSL Beginners 1d
Cost: $150 for 8 week course incl. handout/homework
By end of term 2, Beginner 1d course, learners will:
Unit 8 - My Place
- invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
- give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
- describe identifying features of their home (e.g. two storey, brick, white fence)
- understand and give simple directions to their homes
- identify rooms in the house
- name essential household items relevant for visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper)
Unit 9 - Events and Celebrations
- communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
- talk about destinations (places) and modes of travel
- describe and discuss plans
- make interruptions (e.g. to ask a third person for information or suggest a different idea)
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. If you wish to organise installment payment plan, email to email@example.com to arrange payment plan and Merge NZ will book the course for you manually. Please read our cancellation policy.
Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled.
*Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet. This course is open to both vaccinated/unvaccinated students.
Course fee$150.00Tax: +$3.75 websitefee