Thu, 15 Feb|
The Link Community & Business Centre
NZSL course - Hamilton - Beg 1a
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 8-week evening course. This is NZSL Beginner (Level 1a) course. Suitable for those students with no experience. $150 for 8 weeks course including e-handouts, homework and certificate of attendance.
Date, Time & Location
15 Feb 2024, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The Link Community & Business Centre, 4 Te Aroha Street, Hamilton East
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Hamilton!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a NZSL beginner 1a course - suitable for students who have no experience. Certificate of Attendance and will be issued at the end of the course*.
Days: Thursdays, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Dates: 15th February to 4th April 2024
Level: NZSL Beg 1a (Unit 1, 2 and 3)
Cost: $150 for 8 week course incl. handout/homework
By the end of this 1a course, learners will learn:
Unit 1 - Meeting and Greeting
• exchange greetings and make introductions
• understand simple class instructions
• learn about the use of facial expression in NZSL
• learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing
• learn numbers 1-10
• learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition
Unit 2 - Our Class
• identify people in the class
• name language(s) they are learning
• give and follow simple instructions and action commands
• ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
• ask and tell where something is in the room
• use appropriate phrases for arriving late to class
• use numbers for counting (0‐20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
Unit 3 - Needs and Wants
• name common food and drink items
• make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
• ask and tell locations of familiar objects and locations in the immediate environment
• express likes and dislikes
• understand basic signs about emergency exit procedures
*Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet. Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy.
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. Please email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
NZSL Course Fee
This NZSL course fee includes weekly homework and e-handout emailed by your tutor. You will receive a certificate of attendance (you must attend 80% classes to receive a certificate).$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee