Mon, 12 Feb|
NZSL course - Invercargill - Beg 1a
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 8-week course. This is NZSL Beginner (Level 1a) course. Suitable for those students with no knowledge of NZSL. $150 for course incl. handouts, homework and certificate.
Date, Time & Location
12 Feb 2024, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
South Alive, 262 Ness Street, Appleby, Invercargill
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Invercargill!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a NZSL beginner 1a course - suitable for students with no previous experience with NZSL. Certificate of Attendance and will be issued at the end of the course*.
Days: Mondays, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Dates: 12th February to 8th April (8 weeks)
Level: NZSL Beg 1a (Unit 1 - 3)
Cost: $150 for 8 week course incl. handout/homework
By the end of this 1a course, learners will:
Unit 1 - Meeting and greeting
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- understand simple class instructions
- learn about the role of facial expression in NZSL
- learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing (requirements for visual attention)
- learn numbers 1-10
- learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition
Unit 2 - Our class
- identify people in the class
- name language(s) they are learning
- give and follow simple instructions and action commands
- ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
- ask and tell where something is in the class
- use appropriate phrases for arriving and leaving class
- use numbers for counting (0-20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
Unit 3 - Needs and wants
- name common food and drink items
- make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
- ask and tell locations of familiar objects and locations in the immediate environment
- express likes and dislikes
- understand basic signs about emergency exit procedures
Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet. Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy.
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number.
NZSL Course fee for Beg 1a
This NZSL onsite course fee includes e-handout (homework and handouts) emailed by your NZSL tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee