Mon, 24 Jul|
NZSL course - Invercargill - Beg 1c
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 8-week course. This is NZSL Beginner (Level 1c) course. Suitable for those students who have completed Beginner 1b course. The course is $150 incl. handouts, homework and certificate.
Date, Time & Location
24 Jul 2023, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
South Alive, 262 Ness Street, Appleby, Invercargill
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Invercargill!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a NZSL beginner 1c course - suitable for students who have completed Beginner 1b course. Certificate of Attendance and will be issued at the end of the course*.
Days: Mondays, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Dates: 24th July to 11th September (8 weeks)
Level: NZSL Beg 1c (Unit 6 - 7)
Cost: $150 for 8 week course incl. handout/homework
By the end of this 1c course, learners will:
Unit 6 - Small Talk
- start conversations with known and unknown people
- make compliments (e.g. appearance, clothing) and congratulations
- ask and tell about general wellbeing, health and everyday life
- discuss the weather
- close a conversation
Unit 7 - Community and Work
- communicate about essential services and locations in their community (e.g. doctor, bank, library)
- describe occupations, tasks and transport in relation to work and community activities
- negotiate appointments and bookings
- discuss prices on use of services and purchases, and ways of payment
Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet. Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy.
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number.
NZSL Course - Invercargill - Beginner 1a
NZSL Course fee for Beg 1c
This NZSL onsite course fee includes e-handout (homework and handouts) emailed by your NZSL tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee