Mon, 17 Oct|
St John Ambulance Hall
NZSL Course - Marton - 1d
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 8-week evening course. This is NZSL Beginner (Level 1d) course, which is the last part of Level One. Suitable for those students who have completed 1c. $130 for 8 weeks course including handouts, homework and certificate.
Date, Time & Location
17 Oct 2022, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
St John Ambulance Hall, 403 Wellington Road, Marton
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Marton!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a beginner course 1d, suitable for students who have completed 1c. Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the end of the course.
Day : Monday, 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Dates : 17th October to 12th December 2022 (8 Weeks)
Level : NZSL Beginner 1d (Unit 8/9)
Cost : $130 for 8 weeks course including handout/homework.
Learning outcomes :
By the end of this 1d course (term 4), learners will :
Unit 8 - My Place
- invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
- give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
- describe identifying features of their home (e.g. two storey, brick, white fence)
- understand and give simple directions to their homes
- identify rooms in the house
- name essential household items relevant for visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper)
Unit 9 - Events and Celebrations
- communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
- talk about destinations (places) and modes of travel
- describe and discuss plans
- make interruptions (e.g. to ask a third person for information or suggest a different idea)
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. If you wish to organise installment payment plan, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment plan and Merge NZ will book the course for you manually.
If you have any connection to a deaf/hard of hearing child/ren, please inform us as there is funding for families to learn NZSL for free of charge. Please become member of Deaf Children NZ first so you can register to this course for free of charge.
Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled.
*Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet.
NZSL Course Fee
This course fee includes homework, handouts and certificate of attendance (you must attend 80% to receive a certificate)$130.00Tax: +$3.25 WebsiteFee