Fri, 21 Oct|
East Coast Bays Community Centre
NZSL Course - North Shore, Auckland - 1a
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 8-week evening course. This is NZSL Beginner (Level 1a) course. Suitable for those students with no experience with NZSL. $150 for 8 weeks course including e-handouts, homework and certificate of attendance.
Date, Time & Location
21 Oct 2022, 9:30 am – 11:30 am
East Coast Bays Community Centre, 2 Glen Road, Browns Bay, Auckland
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course at North Shore!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is suitable for students with no knowledge or experience with NZSL skills. Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the end of the course.
Day : Friday, 9.30am to 11.30am
Dates : 21st October to 9th December 2022 (8 Weeks)
Level : Beginner 1a (Unit 1 - 3)
Cost : $150 for 8 weeks course including handout/homework.
Learning outcomes :
By the end of this 1a course (Term 4), learners will :
Unit 1 - Meeting and Greeting
• exchange greetings and make introductions
• understand simple class instructions
• learn about the use of facial expression in NZSL
• learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing
• learn numbers 1-10
• learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition
Unit 2 - Our Class
• identify people in the class
• name language(s) they are learning
• give and follow simple instructions and action commands
• ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
• ask and tell where something is in the room
• use appropriate phrases for arriving late to class
• use numbers for counting (0‐20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
Unit 3 - Needs and Wants
• name common food and drink items
• make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
• ask and tell locations of familiar objects and locations in the immediate environment
• express likes and dislikes
• understand basic signs about emergency exit procedures
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. If you wish to organise installment payment plan, please email to email@example.com to arrange payment plan and Merge NZ will book the course for you manually.
Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled.
*Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet.
NZSL Course Fee$150.00Tax: WebsiteFee included