Tue, 03 May|
Settlers Hall Ōmokoroa
NZSL Course - Omokoroa - Beg 1a
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 8-week evening course. This is NZSL Beginner (Level 1a) course. Suitable for those students with no prior knowledge of NZSL. $130 for 8-week course incl. e-handouts, homework and certificate.
Date, Time & Location
03 May 2022, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Settlers Hall Ōmokoroa, 334 Omokoroa Road, Ōmokoroa
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Omokoroa!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a NZSL beginner 1 a course - this is suitable for those who have no prior knowledge of this NZSL course. Certificate of Attendance and will be issued at the end of the course*.
Days: Fridays, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Dates: 3rd May to 21st June, 2022
Level: NZSL Beg 1 a (Unit 1-3)
Cost: $130 for 8 week course incl. handout/homework
Unit 1: Meeting and Greeting
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- understand simple class instructions
- learn about the use of facial expression in NZSL
- learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing
- learn numbers 1-10
- learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition.
Unit 2: Our Class
- identify people in the class
- name language(s) they are learning
- give and follow simple instructions and action commands
- ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
- ask and tell where something is in the class
- use appropriate phrases for arriving late to class
- use numbers for counting (0-20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
Unit 3: Needs and Wants
- name common food and drink items
- make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
- ask and tell locations of familiar objects and locations in the immediate environment
- express likes and dislikes
- understand basic signs about emergency exit procedures
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. If you wish to organise installment payment plan, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment plan and Merge NZ will book the course for you manually. Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet.
NZSL Onsite course fee$130.00