Wed, 15 Nov|
NZSL Crash Course - Beg (Units 1-3)
Learn NZSL this summer in just 5 weeks! Join our introductory NZSL course for only $79. No prior NZSL experience required. Don't miss this opportunity to boost your communication skills! Enrol now!
Date, Time & Location
15 Nov 2023, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm NZDT
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
Discover the beauty of NZSL this summer! This beginner-level online course spans 5 weeks, starting on Wednesday, November 15th from 6pm - 7pm.
Dates: 15/11, 22/11, 29/11, 6/12 and 13/12
Times: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Level: Beginner, Level 1, Unit 1 - 3
Fee: $79 per person inclusive of weekly homework and handouts
Teacher: Maria Griffiths
At the end of course, learners will:
Unit 1 - Meeting and greeting
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- learn about the role of facial expression in NZSL
- learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing
- learn numbers 1-10
- learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition
- understand Deaf culture - getting attention
Unit 2 - Our class
- identify people in the class
- name language(s) they are learning and learning places
- give and follow simple instructions and action commands
- ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
- use numbers for counting (11-20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
Unit 3 - Needs and Wants
- name common food and drink items
- make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
- express likes and dislikes
- learn numbers 20-50
- To participate, you'll need a computer/laptop with a camera and an internet connection. Tablets or mobile phones are not recommended.
- Minimum enrollment of 4 students is required for the course to proceed.
- Upon registration, you'll receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
- For inquiries or employer fee coverage, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MySign - NZSL Crash course
This course fee ($79) includes weekly handout/homework from your NZSL qualified tutor.$79.00Tax: +$1.98 BookingFeeSold Out
This event is sold out