Thu, 20 Oct|
NZSL for Emergency Services online
Learn NZSL from home fast! A 3-week crash course for emergency services for $49 starting Thursday, 20th October from 7.45pm - 8.45pm. No experience of NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) is needed to join this course.
Date, Time & Location
20 Oct 2022, 7:45 pm – 8:45 pm NZDT
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for emergency services. You will learn emergency-related signs that will help you communicate with your Deaf survivors/community members. Starting Thursday, 13th October (postponed to 20th October) from 7.45pm - 8.45pm. This is suitable for learners with no previous knowledge of NZSL.
You just need a computer/laptop with webcam and an internet connection and you have everything you need. Tablets and mobiles are not recommend.
Dates: 20/10, 27/10 and 3/11
Time: 7.45pm - 8.45pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts and homework.
Course Outline for Emergency Services
Class One - Personal Information
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- ask about family (children, parents, siblings)
- ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
- learn emergency service professions (police, fire, ambulance etc.)
- learn numbers 1 - 10
Class Two - Emergency Situations
- describe common emergency situations (earthquake, fire, tsunami, car accident, etc.)
- name emergency supplies (water, medication, matches, food)
- discuss wellbeing (lost, cold, injured, need help)
- get an understanding about Deaf 111 Text emergency service
- Deaf culture - understand getting attention (gentle wave, strong wave)
Class Three - Safety
- give and tell simple directions
- learn time in NZSL (referring how long, days and months)
- recount 0 – 10 and counting up to 20
- discuss safety equipment and measures (fire alarm, life jacket, stay home etc.)
- understand the importance of facial expression role in emergency situations
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course.
When the registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com. If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and certificate of attendance.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFeeSold Out
This event is sold out