NZSL for Emergency Services online - Part 1
Time & Location
About The Event
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for emergency services. You will learn emergency-related signs that will help you communicate with your Deaf survivors/community members. Starting Friday, 8th October. This is suitable for learners with no previous knowledge of NZSL.
Dates: 8th October, 15th October and 22nd October.
Time: 10.00am - 11.00am
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
Course Outline for Emergency Services #1
Class One - Personal Information
· exchange greetings and make introductions
· ask about family (children, parents, siblings)
· ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
· learn emergency service professions (police, fire, ambulance etc.)
· learn numbers 1 - 10
Class Two - Emergency Situations
· describe common emergency situations (earthquake, fire, tsunami, car accident, etc.)
· name emergency supplies (water, medication, matches, food)
· discuss wellbeing (lost, cold, injured, need help)
· get an understanding about Deaf 111 Text emergency service
· Deaf culture - understand getting attention (gentle wave, strong wave)
Class Three - Safety
· give and tell simple directions
· learn time in NZSL (referring how long, days and months)
· recount 0 – 10 and counting up to 20
· discuss safety equipment and measures (fire alarm, life jacket, stay home etc.)
· understand the importance of facial expression role in emergency situations
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
- Course fee$49+$1.23 WebsiteFee$49+$1.23 WebsiteFee0$0