NZSL for Health Online - Part 1
Time & Location
About The Event
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for health professionals. You will learn health-related signs that will help you communicate with your Deaf patients and clients. Starting Friday, 8th October. This is suitable for students who have no previous knowledge of NZSL.
Dates: 8th October, 15th October and 22nd October.
Time: 2.00pm - 3.00pm (1 hour x 3 sessions)
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
Course Outline for Health Professionals #1
Class One - Initial Consultation
· exchange greetings and make introductions
· ask about family history of health (diabetes, heart problems, parents, siblings)
· share information about social history (smoking, alcohol, exercise), obstetric history (pregnancy, childbirth) and surgical history
· tell current medication
· learn numbers 1 - 10
Class Two - Body & Physical examination
· ask what current issues are including current symptoms (infection, flu, chest pain, vomiting, diarrhoea, coughing, fatigue, weight loss/gain, swelling, headache)
· ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
· tell simple body functions (breath, heartbeat, blood)
· Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
Class Three - Medication and Treatment
· tell about different tests (e.g. blood test and urine test)
· tell simple medications (tablets, injections, liquid medicine)
· learn time in NZSL (referring how long, days and months)
· recount 0 – 10 and counting up to 20
· learn other health related professions (physio, chemist, specialist, nurse, etc.)
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com. If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
- Course fee$49+$1.23 WebsiteFee$49+$1.23 WebsiteFee0$0