Tue, 28 Nov|
NZSL for Health Online - Part 2
Join our Lunchtime Part 2 NZSL Crash Course! Perfect for health professionals with basic NZSL skills. This 3-week program includes an e-handout, interactive homework, all for just $49. Starting on Tuesday, 28th November, from 12:15pm to 1:15pm.
Date, Time & Location
28 Nov 2023, 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online through MySign!
Our fully interactive 3-week crash course, designed specifically for health professionals, provides you with the skills to communicate effectively with Deaf patients and clients. Classes start on Tuesday, November 28th, from 12:15pm to 1:15pm. This course is suitable for students with basic NZSL knowledge (approximately 3-5 hours of prior tuition)
All you need is a computer or laptop with a webcam and an internet connection, tablets and mobiles are not suitable.
Dates: 28/11, 5/12 and 12/12
Time: 12.15pm - 1.15pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts and homework.
Teacher: Rachel Walker
Course Outline for Health Professionals #2
Class One - Medical Conditions
- exchange greetings and ask about well-being
- learn days of week/clock time and making an appointment
- review numbers 1 – 20 and learn numbers 21 – 30
- Deaf culture - visual communication strategy
Class Two - Body functions
- describe basic functions of main body organs
- explain briefly about discomfort and pain-related experience
- learn numbers 31-40
- learn about months (calendar signs)
- name common health problems and different kinds of falls, accidents
- Deaf culture - literacy levels and health knowledge
Class Three - Scans and procedures
- describe and refer to common diagnostic tests and scans
- discuss about plans for recovery (treatment, surgery, etc)
- use of numbers for ranking
- review time concept in NZSL and talk about simple booking appointment time
- Deaf culture - how to work with an interpreter including informed consent
- A minimum of 4 students is required for the course to proceed. Registering online confirms your enrolment and commits you to the course.
- Upon completing your registration, a confirmation email with course details, including the Zoom link, will be sent immediately. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
- For any inquiries, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
- If you wish for your employer to cover your fees, please contact us to arrange manual registration, and we will send the invoice directly to you or your employer.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and homework.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee