Thu, 26 May|
NZSL for Health Online - Part 3
Learn NZSL online from home! A 3-week NZSL crash course for health professionals for $49 starting Thursday, 26th May from 1pm - 2pm. This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and certificate of attendance.
Date, Time & Location
26 May 2022, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week NZSL online crash course designed for health professionals. You will learn health-related signs that will help you communicate with your Deaf patients and clients. Starting Thursday, 26th May. This is suitable for students who have done approx. between 6 to 10 hours of NZSL tuition in the past or completed NZSL Health for Professionals part 1 and 2.
Dates: 26/5, 2/6 and 9/6
Time: 1.00pm - 2.00pm (1 hour x 3 sessions)
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts and certificate.
Course Outline for Health Professionals #3
Class One - In Emergency Department
- identify health related issues
- name of things in emergency department
- learn about actions in the emergency situation
- make plans for the next step
- Deaf culture – Text 111 and New Zealand Relay service
Class Two - Hospital Stay
- discuss about hospital stay
- make a basic request and offer help
- talk about hospital rules for visitors including families and friends
- learn numbers 41 – 100
- use of numbers for months
- Deaf culture – understanding about auditory interruptions
Class Three - Medication and Treatment
- discuss about specialised services such as:
- mental health (addiction)
- Deaf culture – understand about NZSL interpreter booking
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com. If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and certificate of attendance.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee