Mon, 14 Mar|
NZSL for Teachers Online - Part 1
Learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) from home! A 3-week crash course for teachers $49 starting Monday, 14 March from 6.00pm - 7.00pm. This includes weekly e-handouts and certificate of attendance.
Date, Time & Location
14 Mar 2022, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
Due to high demand and we have opened the secound course for beginner who want to learn NZSL online. You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for teachers. You will learn school-related signs that will help you appreciate NZSL as one of three official languages. Starting Monday, 14 March. This is suitable for learners whith no previous knowledge of NZSL.
Dates: 14 March, 21 March and 28 March
Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance (you must attend all 3 classes to receive one)
Course Outline for Teachers #1
Class One - Introductions
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- give and respond to action commands (sit down, stand up, turn around, tap on-shoulder, etc)
- ask for clarification, repetition, correction and confirmation
- learn numbers 1 - 10
- Deaf culture - getting attention, waving, etc.
Class Two - Activities
- tell simple day activities and time (time of day, day of the week, etc.)
- give opinions related to activities (morning/evening routines)
- ask about family (children, parents, siblings)
- Deaf culture - handwaves (applause in NZSL)
Class Three - The Classroom
- identify people in the classroom
- name things in the classroom
- talk about learning school subjects
- recount 0 – 10 and counting up to 20
- Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and certificate of attendance.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFeeSold Out
This event is sold out