Mon, 23 Jan|
Online course - at your home!
NZSL Online course - Adv (Part 1)
Continue learning NZSL online via MySign! You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting on Monday, 23rd January 5.30pm - 7.00pm.
Date, Time & Location
23 Jan 2023, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Online course - at your home!
About The Course
Continue learning NZSL online via MySign!
You will have an online class with qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting Monday, 23rd January 5.30pm - 7.00pm. This is suitable for students who have completed Intermediate - part 4 online or Level 2c onsite.
You just need a computer/laptop with webcam and an internet connection and you have everything you need. Tablets and mobiles are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 23/1, 30/1, 6/2, 13/2, 20/2, 27/2, 6/3 and 13/3
Course fee: $150 for full 8 weeks course
Level: NZSL Advanced - Part 1 (Level 3, Units 18 & 19)
At the end of course, learners will learn:
Unit 18 - Narrating Unfortettable Moments
- develop essential skills needed to tell a short story successfully
- use extended role-shifting to enhance the story
- lean the important of maintaining spatial agreement when using role shifting
- learn to sequence classifiers in order to fully describe what happened
- elaborate on the story by giving descriptions, sharing thoughts and giving reasons.
- talk about disrupted weekend plans
Unit 19 - Sharing interesting facts
- learn to show the impact or importance of the information using percentages, fractions and ranking
- contrast and discuss the information and ways to conclude the facts with generalisation, theories or conclusions
- practise use of classifiers and role shift to illustrate and to demonstrate the fact (make formal or informal announcements through face to face or online)
Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy. When the registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email. Certificate of Attendance will be sent out at the end of course with 80% attendance being meet (6 out of 8 classes).
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. We have funding for some people to learn NZSL for free of charge, please contact us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org about that so you can receive the confirmation whether if you are eligible to enrol for free of charge.
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and e-handout emailed by your tutor.$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee