Wed, 17 Aug|
At your home - online!
NZSL Online course - Beg (Part 1)
Learn NZSL online via MySign! You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting on Wednesday, 17th August 6.30pm - 7.30pm.
Date, Time & Location
17 Aug 2022, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm NZST
At your home - online!
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will have an online class with qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting Wednesday, 17th August 6.30pm - 7.30pm. This is suitable for students with no knowledge or experience with NZSL skills.
You would just need a computer/laptop with a webcam and an internet connection, and you have everything you need. Tablets/mobile devices are not suitable for online learning.
Dates: 17/08, 24/08, 31/08, 7/09, 14/09, 21/09, 28/09 and 5/10
Course fee: $130 for full 8-week class incl. weekly handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Beginner - Part 1 (Level 1, Unit 1 and 2)
At the end of course, learners will:
Unit 1 - Meeting and Greeting
• exchange greetings and make introductions
• understand simple online class instructions
• learn about the role of facial expression in NZSL
• learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing (requirements for visual attention)
• learn numbers 1‐10
• learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition
Unit 2 - Our Class
• identify people in the online class
• name language(s) they are learning
• give and follow simple instructions and action commands
• ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
• ask and tell where something is in the room
• use appropriate phrases for arriving late to online class
• use numbers for counting (0‐20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. We will go ahead once we have reached the min number of participants (a min number is 4 participants is required).
When you complete your registration, you should receive a confirmation email immediately - the email contains the course details including the zoom link to join the class. If you don't receive the email, please check spam folder or contact us.
Please see the cancellation policy for any further information. Installment plan is available. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).$130.00Tax: +$3.25 WebsiteFeeSold Out
This event is sold out