Tue, 24 Jan|
At your home - online!
NZSL Online course - Beg (Part 1)
Learn NZSL online via MySign! You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting on Tuesday, 24th January 6.00pm - 7.00pm.
Date, Time & Location
24 Jan 2023, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm NZDT
At your home - online!
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will have an online class with qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting Tuesday, 24th January 6.00pm - 7.00pm. This is suitable for students with no knowledge or experience with NZSL skills.
You would just need a computer/laptop with a webcam and an internet connection, and you have everything you need. Tablets/mobile devices are not suitable for online learning.
Dates: 24/1, 31/1, 7/2, 14/2, 21/2, 28/2, 7/3 and 14/3
Time: Tuesday, 6.00pm - 7.00pm (8 weeks)
Course fee: $130 for full 1 week class incl. weekly handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Beginner - Part 1 (Level 1, Unit 1 and 2)
At the end of course, learners will:
Unit 1 - Meeting and Greeting
• exchange greetings and make introductions
• understand simple online class instructions
• learn about the role of facial expression in NZSL
• learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing (requirements for visual attention)
• learn numbers 1‐10
• learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition
Unit 2 - Our Class
• identify people in the online class
• name language(s) they are learning
• give and follow simple instructions and action commands
• ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
• ask and tell where something is in the room
• use appropriate phrases for arriving late to online class
• use numbers for counting (0‐20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy. When the registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email. Certificate of Attendance will be sent out at the end of course with 80% attendance being meet (6 out of 8 classes).
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. We have funding for some people to learn NZSL for free of charge, please contact us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org about that so you can receive the confirmation whether if you are eligible to enrol for free of charge.
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).$130.00Tax: +$3.25 WebsiteFeeSold Out
This event is sold out