NZSL Onsite course - Dunedin - Beg 1c/d
Time & Location
About The Event
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Dunedin!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a NZSL beginner 1c/d course - suitable for students who have completed 1a and 1b (have approximately 30 hours of NZSL skills). Certificate of Attendance and will be issued at the end of the course*.
Days: Wednesdays, 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Dates: Term 3 from 26th July to 13th September (8 weeks). 3 weeks break. Then term 4 starts again as from 11th October to 29th November.
Level: NZSL Beg 1c & 1d (Units 7 - 9)
Cost: $230 for 15 week course incl. handout/homework
By the end of this 1c/d course (term 3 & 4), learners will:
Unit 7 - Community and work
- communicate about essential services and locations in their community (e.g. doctor, bank, library)
- describe occupations, tasks and transport in relation to work and community activities
- negotiate appointments and bookings
- discuss prices on use of services and purchases, and ways of payment
Unit 8 - My Place
- invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
- give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
- describe identifying features of their home (e.g. two storey, brick, white fence)
- understand and give simple directions to their homes
- identify rooms in the house
- name essential household items relevant for visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper)
Unit 9 - Events and Celebrations
- communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
- talk about destinations (places) and modes of travel
- describe and discuss plans
- make interruptions (e.g. to ask a third person for information or suggest a different idea)
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. If you wish to organise installment payment plan, email to email@example.com to arrange payment plan and Merge NZ will book the course for you manually. Please read our cancellation policy.
Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled.
*Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 80% attendance being meet.
- NZSL Course fee for Beg 1c/d$230+$5.75 WebsiteFee$230+$5.75 WebsiteFee0$0