Mon, 30 Oct|
Advanced - Part 1 (units 18 & 19)
Embark on an exciting journey into NZSL with our fully interactive 8-week online course via MySign! Join our qualified NZSL teacher on Monday, 30th October, 7.00pm - 8.30pm, and start your NZSL adventure today! Limited spots available - Enrol now!
Date, Time & Location
30 Oct 2023, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
About The Course
Continue learning NZSL online via MySign!
You will have an online class with qualified NZSL teacher to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting Monday, 30th October 7.00pm - 8.30pm. This is suitable for students who have completed Intermediate - part 4 online or Level 2c onsite.
All you need is a computer or laptop equipped with a webcam and a stable internet connection. Please note that tablets and mobile devices are not recommended for optimal online learning.
Dates: 30/10, 6/11, 13/11, 20/11, 27/11, 4/12, 11/12 and 18/12
Course fee: $150 for full 8-week course
Level: NZSL Advanced - Part 1 (Level 3, Units 18 & 19)
Teacher: Ursula Thynne
At the end of course, the learners will learn:
Unit 18 - Narrating Unfortettable Moments
- develop essential skills needed to tell a short story successfully
- use extended role-shifting to enhance the story
- lean the important of maintaining spatial agreement when using role shifting
- learn to sequence classifiers in order to fully describe what happened
- elaborate on the story by giving descriptions, sharing thoughts and giving reasons.
- talk about disrupted weekend plans
Unit 19 - Sharing interesting facts
- learn to show the impact or importance of the information using percentages, fractions and ranking
- contrast and discuss the information and ways to conclude the facts with generalisation, theories or conclusions
- practise use of classifiers and role shift to illustrate and to demonstrate the fact (make formal or informal announcements through face to face or online)
- Registering online secures your spot in the course.
- Minimum student enrollment is required for the course to proceed; if not met, the course may be postponed or cancelled. Check our cancellation policy before enrolling.
- After registration, you'll promptly receive a confirmation email containing the Zoom course link. If you don't see it, check your spam folder.
- Achieve a Certificate of Attendance by maintaining 80% attendance (at least 6 out of 8 classes).
- Explore funding options from your employer and contact us with their reference if applicable.
Ready to embark on this exciting NZSL journey? Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Enrol today and enhance your sign language skills with MySign!
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and e-handout emailed by your tutor.$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee