Mon, 30 Oct|
Beginner - Part 4 (units 7 & 8)
Learn NZSL online via MySign! You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL teacher to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting on Monday, 30th October 6.30pm - 7.30pm.
Date, Time & Location
30 Oct 2023, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm NZDT
About The Course
Discover NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) with our interactive online course via MySign!
Join our 8-week online class with a qualified NZSL teacher, providing you with a fully immersive learning experience from the comfort of your home. The course begins on Monday, 30th October, running from 6.30pm to 7.30pm. This course is designed for students who have either completed approximately 24 hours of NZSL online or have finished Beginners 1b/1c onsite.
All you need is a computer/laptop equipped with a webcam and a stable internet connection to get started. Please note that tablets and mobile devices are not recommended for the best learning experience. Enroll now and embark on your journey to master NZSL from the convenience of your own home!
Dates: 30/10, 6/11, 13/11, 20/11, 27/11, 4/12, 11/12 and 18/12
Course fee: $130 for full 8-week class, including weekly e-handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Beginner - Part 4 (Level 1, Unit 7 & Unit 8)
Teacher: Sue Lessing
At the end of course, learners will:
Unit 7 - Community and Work
- Communicate about essential services and locations in their community (e.g. doctor, bank, library)
- Describe occupations, tasks & transport in relation to work & community activities
- Negotiate appointments and bookings
- Discuss prices on use of services and purchases, and ways of payment
- Wrap up activities, review, final activity and/or event
Unit 8 - My Place
- Invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
- Give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
- Describe identifying features of their home (e.g. two storey, brick, white fence)
- Understand and give simple directions to their homes
- Identify rooms in a house
- Name essential household items relevant for visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper)
Please note that registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. We will proceed once we have reached the minimum number of participants (a minimum of 4 participants is required).
Once you complete your registration, you should receive a confirmation email immediately. The email will contain the course details, including the Zoom link to join the class. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam folder or contact us.
A Certificate of Attendance will be sent at the end of the course for those who attend at least 80% of the classes (6 out of 8).
Please refer to the cancellation policy for further information. An instalment plan is available. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).$130.00Tax: +$3.25 WebsiteFee