Thu, 26 Oct|
Intermediate - Part 1 (units 10 & 11)
Enhance your NZSL skills with MySign Online! Join our interactive class with a qualified NZSL teacher. Our 8-week online course starts on Thursday, 26th October, from 6:15 pm to 7:45 pm. It's fully immersive, and it's all online!
Date, Time & Location
26 Oct 2023, 6:15 pm – 7:45 pm NZDT
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
Join our interactive class led by a qualified NZSL teacher. Our 8-week online course begins on Thursday, 26th October, from 6.15pm - 7.45pm. This course is ideal for students who have completed Beginner (Part 5) online or Level 1d onsite (approximately 50 - 60 hours).
All you need is a computer/laptop with a webcam and internet connection. Please note that tablets and mobiles are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 26/10, 2/11, 9/11, 16/11, 23/11, 30/11, 7/12 and 14/12
Course fee: $150 for full 8 week class incl. weekly e-handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Intermediate - Part 1 (Level 2, Units 10 and 11)
Teacher: Maria Griffiths
By the end of course, you will:
Unit 10 - All About Me
- Give, ask and summarise personal information about self and others
- Narrate about life events including their language learning journey
- Describe and identify people in order to share information about them
- Discuss extended family/whānau and basic family history
Unit 11 - Home Life
- Describe activities, food and environment-related topics in the home
- Make and respond to requests and complaints related to home life
- Discuss responsibilities and schedules for domestic chores
- Recount personal experiences about mishaps and problems at home
Registering online secures your spot in the course. A minimum number of students is required; the course may be postponed or cancelled if this threshold is not met. Please review our cancellation policy.
Upon completing registration, you will receive a confirmation email with essential details, including the Zoom link to join the course. Check your spam folder if you don't receive the email.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the end of the course for thise who attend at least 80% of the classes (6 out of 8).
Consider requesting your employer to cover the course cost as professional development. If your organisation is paying for your course fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their Reference/Purchase Order number.
This course fee includes homework, e-handout and certificate of attendance (you must attend 80% to get a copy of certificate)$150.00Tax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee