Tue, 12 Jul|
At your home - Online
MySign Online - NZSL for Kiwi Kids #2
This second part of NZSL online 5 weeks introduces children to the exciting world of New Zealand Sign Language. Starts from Tuesday, 12th July 6pm.
Date, Time & Location
12 Jul 2022, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm NZST
At your home - Online
About The Course
This second part of NZSL online 5 weeks introduces children to the exciting world of New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL). Starts from Tuesday, 12th July 6pm - 7pm until 9th August.
Learners will learn following topics:
Class 1 - Family
- learn greetings/review introductions
- tell about family/whanau and relationships
- practice fingerspelling alphabet
- review numbers (1 - 10)
Class 2 - Everyday Activities
- make and respond to requests and offers for basic needs
- express negative statements using ‘none’ and ‘no’
- learn numbers 11-20 and learn about age numbers
- communicate about after-school activities
Class 3 - Food and Drinks
- talk about feeling about after-school activities
- name other food items and drinks
- name essential kitchen items relevant for families (e.g. meals, dishes, cutlery)
- ask and tell where something is in the kitchen
Class 4 - Routines
- use appropriate phrases to open and hold conversations using ‘excuse me’, ‘wait’, ‘wait-a-minute’ and ‘hold’
- use calendar and clock time phrases
- use appropriate signs with varying tones and sentences
Class 5 - School
- ask about things, school subjects and activities at school
- express feelings and preferences about school subjects
- talk about learning languages
- tell numbers 21 – 30
This course is suitable for children aged 7 - 11 years old. NZSL is an official language and this online course will give children lots of fun to learn in fun way. If there is a sibling or cousin, please email us so we can register manually ($10 per additional child).'
You would just need a computer/laptop with a camera and an internet connection, and you have everything you need.
Tablets or mobile phones are not recommended for online learning.
Costs: $69 incl. GST per child includes weekly handouts and certificate of attendance at the end of course. Limit up to 8 children per course. Contact us, our team will be more than happy to help. Email us at: email@example.com
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course.
When the registration is completed, you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email.
This course fee includes handouts.$69.00Tax: +$1.73 websitefee