Tue, 21 Feb|
The Vine Community Church
NZSL Course - Auckland (Whangaparaoa) - Beg 1a
Learn New Zealand Sign Language in this 4-week evening course through blended learning. This is NZSL Beg 1a course, suitable for those students with no experience with NZSL. $80 for 4 weeks course including e-handouts, homework and certificate of attendance.
Date, Time & Location
21 Feb 2023, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
The Vine Community Church, unit f/158 Harbour Village Drive, Gulf Harbour, Whangaparāoa 0930, New Zealand
About The Course
Join and learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) course in Auckland, Whangaparaoa!
NZSL is a beautiful language, and an official language of NZ. This is a NZSL Beg 1a course - suitable for students with no previous experience with NZSL. The course will be delivered through blended learning. In this arrangement, you will attend onsite classes with other participants, and the tutor will teach virtually with an onsite facilitator to support your learning. Certificate of Attendance and will be issued at the end of the course*.
Days: Tuesdays, 7pm to 9pm
Dates: 21/2, 28/2, 7/3 and 14/3 (4 weeks)
Level: NZSL Beg 1a (Unit 1 - 2)
Cost: $80 for 4-week course incl. handout/homework
By the end of this 1a course, learners will learn:
Unit 1 - Meeting and greeting
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- understand simple class instructions
- learn about the role of facial expression in NZSL
- learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing (requirements for visual attention)
- learn numbers 1-10
- learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition
Unit 2 - Our class
- identify people in the class
- name language(s) they are learning
- give and follow simple instructions and action commands
- ask for clarification, correction and confirmation
- ask and tell where something is in the class
- use appropriate phrases for arriving and leaving class
- use numbers for counting (0-20) and simple time phrases in relation to class activities
*Certificate of Attendance are on request and with 100% attendance being meet. Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy.
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number.
NZSL Course Fee
This NZSL course fee includes weekly homework and e-handout emailed by your tutor. You will receive a certificate of attendance (you must attend 100% classes to receive a certificate).$80.00Tax: +$2.00 WebsiteFeeSold Out
This event is sold out