Fri, 02 Feb|
NZSL for Health Online - Part 1
Discover NZSL during your lunch break! Join our 3-week NZSL crash course for health professionals, now starting on Friday, 2nd February (postponed from 24th November), from 12:00pm - 1:00pm. For just $49, it's a convenient and affordable opportunity to enhance your skills.
Date, Time & Location
02 Feb 2024, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
Experience dedicated classes led by certified NZSL teachers, all within an engaging online format. Our 3-week crash course, designed specifically for health professionals, equips you with vital health-related sign language skills to improve communication with Deaf patients and clients. Classes begin on Friday, 2nd February (postponed from 24th Nov), from 12:00pm to 1:00pm, making it ideal for beginners with no prior NZSL experience.
All you need is a computer or laptop with a camera and an internet connection - that's it! Please note that tablets or mobile phones are not recommended for an optimal online learning experience.
Dates: 2/2, 9/2 and 16/2
Time: 12.00pm - 1.00pm (1 hour per session)
Fee: Just $49 for the entire 3-week course, inclusive of weekly e-handouts and homework.
Teacher: Jaime Randhawa
Course Outline for Health Professionals #1
Class One - Initial Consultation
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- ask about family history of health (diabetes, heart problems, parents, siblings)
- learn about body parts (face and body)
- share information about social history (smoking, alcohol, exercise), obstetric history (pregnancy, childbirth) and surgical history
- tell current medication
- learn numbers 1 - 10
Class Two - Body & Physical examination
- ask what current issues are including current symptoms (infection, flu, chest pain, vomiting, diarrhoea, coughing, fatigue, weight loss/gain, swelling, headache)
- ask for clarification, correction, and confirmation
- tell simple body functions (breath, heartbeat, blood)
- Deaf culture - understand about working with NZSL interpreters
Class Three - Medication and Treatment
- give and follow simple instructions and action commands
- learn time in NZSL (referring how long, days and months)
- recount 0 – 10 and counting up to 20
- tell simple medications (tablets, injections, liquid medicine) and simple tests
- learn other health related professions (physio, chemist, specialist, nurse, etc.)
- Deaf culture – understand about cultural and medical views on Deaf people
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course.
When the registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com. If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and homework.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee