Fri, 24 Nov|
NZSL for Teachers Online - Part 1
Learn NZSL from the comfort of your home! Join our beginner-friendly 3-week crash course designed specifically for teachers at $49. Starts 24th Nov, 3.30pm - 4.30pm. Expert-led classes with e-handouts to empower your teaching. Don't miss this opportunity!
Date, Time & Location
24 Nov 2023, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL teacher to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for teachers. You will learn school-related signs that will help you appreciate NZSL as one of three official languages. Starting Friday, 24th November. This is suitable for learners who are at beignner level.
You would just need a computer/laptop with a webcam and an internet connection, and you have everything you need.
Tablets or mobile phones are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 24/11, 1/12 and 8/12
Time: 3.30pm - 4.30pm
Fee: $49 for the full 3-week course, including weekly e-handouts.
Teacher: Tania Purdon
Course Outline for Teachers #1
Class One - Introductions
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- give and respond to action commands (sit down, stand up, turn around, tap on-shoulder, etc)
- ask for clarification, repetition, correction and confirmation
- learn numbers 1 - 10
- Deaf culture - getting attention, waving, etc.
Class Two - Activities
- tell simple day activities and time (time of day, day of the week, etc.)
- give opinions related to activities (morning/evening routines)
- ask about family (children, parents, siblings)
- Deaf culture - handwaves (applause in NZSL)
Class Three - The Classroom
- identify people in the classroom
- name things in the classroom
- talk about learning school subjects
- recount 0 – 10 and counting up to 20
- Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
**Minimum numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to proceed. Registering online confirms your registration and commitment to the course.
A confirmation email, including the Zoom meeting link, will be sent immediately after your registration is completed. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam folder.
For any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com. If you want your employer to cover your fees, contact us to arrange manual registration, and we will send the invoice to you or your employer. Thank you in advance.**
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFeeSold Out
This event is sold out