Thu, 20 May|
NZSL for Teachers Online - Part 2
Learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) from home! A 3-week crash course for teachers $49 starting Thursday, 20th May from 6.15pm - 7.15pm. This includes e-handouts and certificate of attendance at the end of course.
Date, Time & Location
20 May 2021, 6:15 pm – 7:15 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for teachers. You will learn school-related signs that will help you appreciate NZSL as one of three official languages. Starting Thursday, 13th May (the course will run same time as New Zealand Sign Language Week 2021!). This is suitable for learners who have basic NZSL skills with approx. 5 hours of learning in the past (or completed NZSL for Teachers - Part 1 course).
Dates: 20th May and 27th May and 3rd June
Time: 6.15pm - 7.15pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance (you must attend all 3 classes to receive one)
Course Outline for Teachers #2
Class One - Introductions
· exchange greetings and make introductions
· extend understanding about the fingerspelling rules
· give and respond to action commands
· tell about immediate family/whānau and relationships (e.g.friends, children) using contrastive structure
· Deaf culture - responding in NZSL
Class Two - School activities
· review time of the day (from part 1 course)
· tell about activities with specific time
· using ‘finish’ before the last activity
· talk about domestic pets
· Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
Class Three - After school activities
· talk about after school activities
· describe feelings related to activities
· name things in the household
· counting from 21 to 50
· Deaf culture - environmental accessibility
**Please note that min. numbers must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and certificate of attendance.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee