Tue, 11 Jul|
NZSL for Teachers Online - Part 2
Learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) from home! Join our 3-week crash course for teachers, starting 11th July, 4.30pm-5.30pm. Only $49, including weekly e-handouts and homework. Enhance your teaching skills with NZSL, an official language of New Zealand. Register now!
Date, Time & Location
11 Jul 2023, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
Join our 3-week online crash course designed for teachers and learn NZSL, one of three official languages in New Zealand. You will have a qualified NZSL tutor guiding you through interactive classes, all from the comfort of your own home. This course is perfect for learners who already have basic NZSL skills, with approximately 5 hours of previous learning or completion of the NZSL for Teachers - Part 1 course.
To participate, all you need is a computer or laptop with a webcam and a stable internet connection. Please note that tablets or mobile phones are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: Thursdays, 11th Jul, 18th Jul, and 25th Jul
Time: 4.30pm - 5.30pm
Fee: The full 3-week course costs $49, which includes weekly e-handouts.
Course Outline for Teachers #2
Class One - Introductions
· exchange greetings and make introductions
· extend understanding about the fingerspelling rules
· give and respond to action commands
· tell about immediate family/whānau and relationships (e.g.friends, children) using contrastive structure
· Deaf culture - responding in NZSL
Class Two - School activities
· review time of the day (from part 1 course)
· tell about activities with specific time
· using ‘finish’ before the last activity
· talk about domestic pets
· Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
Class Three - After school activities
· talk about after school activities
· describe feelings related to activities
· name things in the household
· counting from 21 to 50
· Deaf culture - environmental accessibility
**Please note that a minimum of 4 students must register for the course to proceed. Registering online confirms your participation and commitment to the course.
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with important details such as the Zoom link to join the course. If you don't see the email, please check your spam folder.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. If you would like your employer to cover the course fees, please contact us to arrange manual registration, and we will send the invoice to you or your employer. Thank you in advance for your interest.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee