Thu, 12 Oct|
NZSL for Teachers Online - Part 2
Learn New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) from home! A 3-week crash course for teachers $49 starting 12th October from 6.45pm - 7.45pm. This includes weekly e-handout and homework.
Date, Time & Location
12 Oct 2023, 6:45 pm – 7:45 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for teachers. You will learn school-related signs that will help you appreciate NZSL as one of three official languages. Starting Thursday, 12th October. This is suitable for learners who have basic NZSL skills with between 3 - 5 hours of learning in the past (or completed NZSL for Teachers - Part 1 course).
You would just need a computer/laptop with a webcam and an internet connection, and you have everything you need. Tablets or mobile phones are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 12/10, 19/10 and 26/10
Time: 6.45pm - 7.45pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
Tutor: Ursula Thynne
Course Outline for Teachers #2
Class One - Introductions
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- extend understanding about the fingerspelling rules
- give and respond to action commands
- tell about immediate family/whānau and relationships (e.g.friends, children) using contrastive structure
- Deaf culture - responding in NZSL
Class Two - School activities
- review time of the day (from part 1 course)
- tell about activities with specific time
- using ‘finish’ before the last activity
- talk about domestic pets
- Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
Class Three - After school activities
- talk about after school activities
- describe feelings related to activities
- name things in the household
- counting from 21 to 50
- Deaf culture - environmental accessibility
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course.
A confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, will be sent to you immediately after your registration is completed, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com. If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee