Thu, 23 Nov|
NZSL for Teachers Online - Part 2
Discover NZSL at home! Part 2 of our 3-week teacher crash course, $49, starting Nov 23rd, 6:30pm - 7:30pm. Includes weekly e-handouts and homework. Expand your skills.
Date, Time & Location
23 Nov 2023, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL teacher to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for teachers. You will learn school-related signs that will help you appreciate NZSL as one of three official languages. Starting Thursday, 23rd November. This is suitable for learners who have basic NZSL skills with between 3 - 5 hours of learning in the past (or completed NZSL for Teachers - Part 1 course).
All you need is a computer/laptop with a webcam and an internet connection. Tablets or mobile phones are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 23/11, 30/11 and 7/12
Time: 6.30pm - 7.30pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
Teacher: Ursula Thynne
Course Outline for Teachers #2
Class One - Introductions
- exchange greetings and make introductions
- extend understanding about the fingerspelling rules
- give and respond to action commands
- tell about immediate family/whānau and relationships (e.g.friends, children) using contrastive structure
- Deaf culture - responding in NZSL
Class Two - School activities
- review time of the day (from part 1 course)
- tell about activities with specific time
- using ‘finish’ before the last activity
- talk about domestic pets
- Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
Class Three - After school activities
- talk about after school activities
- describe feelings related to activities
- name things in the household
- counting from 21 to 50
- Deaf culture - environmental accessibility
- A minimum of 4 students is required for the course to proceed. Registering online confirms your enrolment and commits you to the course.
- Upon completing your registration, a confirmation email with course details, including the Zoom link, will be sent immediately. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
- For any inquiries, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish for your employer to cover your fees, please contact us to arrange manual registration, and we will send the invoice directly to you or your employer.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee