NZSL for Teachers Online - Part 2
Time & Location
About The Event
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for teachers. You will learn school-related signs that will help you appreciate NZSL as one of three official languages. Starting Thursday, 7th October. This is suitable for learners who have basic NZSL skills with approx. 5 hours of learning in the past (or completed NZSL for Teachers - Part 1 course).
Dates: 7th October, 14th October and 21st October
Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts.
Course Outline for Teachers #2
Class One - Introductions
· exchange greetings and make introductions
· extend understanding about the fingerspelling rules
· give and respond to action commands
· tell about immediate family/whānau and relationships (e.g.friends, children) using contrastive structure
· Deaf culture - responding in NZSL
Class Two - School activities
· review time of the day (from part 1 course)
· tell about activities with specific time
· using ‘finish’ before the last activity
· talk about domestic pets
· Deaf culture - understand about booking NZSL interpreters
Class Three - After school activities
· talk about after school activities
· describe feelings related to activities
· name things in the household
· counting from 21 to 50
· Deaf culture - environmental accessibility
**Please note that min. numbers must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
- Course fee$49+$1.23 WebsiteFee$49+$1.23 WebsiteFee0$0