Thu, 19 Jan|
Online course - at your home!
NZSL Online course - Adv (Part 2)
Continue learning NZSL online via MySign! You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting on Thursday, 19th January 6.30pm - 8.00pm.
Date, Time & Location
19 Jan 2023, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Online course - at your home!
About The Course
Continue learning NZSL online via MySign!
You will have an online class with qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting Thursday, 19th January 6.30pm - 8.00pm (time has been changed from 7.30pm - 9.00pm).This is suitable for students who have completed Advanced - part 1 online or Level 2d onsite.
You just need a computer/laptop with webcam and an internet connection and you have everything you need. Tablets and mobiles are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 19th January to 9th March
Course fee: $150 for full 8 weeks course
Level: NZSL Advanced - Part 2 (Level 3, Units 20 & 21)
At the end of course, learners will learn:
Please note that course outline has been updated on 16/01
Unit 20 - Explaining Rules
- give clear instructions or explanations using classifiers and conditional sentences, rhetorical questions and relative clauses along with “rule” related vocabularies (e.g., driving rules for party games, cultural rules, school rules, card games, children’s games, etc.).
- develop strategies for explaining rules while playing the game and using appropriate attention getting behaviours.
Unit 21 - Telling About Accidents
- learn to time their reactions to coincide with falls, trips, or other types of mishaps
- develop skills for sharing about an incident with a bicycle or car
- talk about an incident with a horse with the ability to switch effortlessly between different classifiers representing the horse, the rider and a barrier in both the real world and abstract frames
- learn to time their reactions to coincide with the actions, and to role shift perspectives.
Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy. When the registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email. Certificate of Attendance will be sent out at the end of course with 80% attendance being meet (6 out of 8 classes).
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number. We have funding for some people to learn NZSL for free of charge, please contact us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org about that so you can receive the confirmation whether if you are eligible to enrol for free of charge.
- Ticket type
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).Price$150.00
+$3.75 WebsiteFeeTax: +$3.75 WebsiteFee