Thu, 17 Aug|
At your home - online!
NZSL Online course - Beg (Part 1)
Learn NZSL online via MySign! You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting on Thursday, 17th August 12.00pm - 1.00pm.
Date, Time & Location
17 Aug 2023, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm NZST
At your home - online!
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
Join our online classes with qualified NZSL tutors for a fully interactive learning experience. The 8-week online course starts on Thursday, 17th August, from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. This course is suitable for students with no prior knowledge or experience in NZSL.
All you need is a computer/laptop with a webcam and an internet connection, and you'll have everything you need to participate. Please note that tablets and mobile devices are not suitable for online learning.
Dates: 17/8, 24/8, 31/8, 7/9, 14/9, 21/9, 28/9 and 5/10
Time: Thursday, 12.00pm - 1.00pm (8 weeks)
Course fee: $130 for full 8 week class incl. weekly handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Beginner - Part 1 (Level 1, Unit 1 and 2)
Tutor: Marissa Lessing
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
Unit 1 - Meeting and Greeting
• Exchange greetings and make introductions.
• Understand simple online class instructions.
• Learn about the role of facial expression in NZSL.
• Learn to get, and give, eyegaze before signing (requirements for visual attention).
• Learn numbers 1‐10.
• Learn the fingerspelling alphabet, spell their own name, and ask for repetition.
Unit 2 - Our Class
• Identify people in the online class.
• Name the language(s) they are learning.
• Give and follow simple instructions and action commands.
• Ask for clarification, correction and confirmation.
• Ask and tell the location of objects in the room.
• Use appropriate phrases for arriving late to an online class.
• Use numbers for counting (0‐20) and express simple time phrases related to class activities.
Please note that registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course. We will proceed once we have reached the minimum number of participants (a minimum of 4 participants is required).
Once you complete your registration, you should receive a confirmation email immediately. The email will contain the course details, including the Zoom link to join the class. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam folder or contact us.
Please refer to the cancellation policy for further information. An installment plan is available. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).$130.00Tax: +$3.25 WebsiteFeeSold Out
This event is sold out