Tue, 06 Jun|
At your home - online!
NZSL Online course - Beg (Part 5)
Learn NZSL online via MySign! You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting on Tuesday, 6th June 6.00pm - 7.00pm.
Date, Time & Location
06 Jun 2023, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm NZST
At your home - online!
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will have an online class with a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 8 weeks online course starting Tuesday, 6th June, 6.00pm - 7.00pm. This is suitable for students who have completed Beginner (Part 4) online course or Beginner 1c onsite course (approx. 35 - 45 hours of NZSL tuition).
You just need a computer/laptop with webcam and an internet connection, and you have everything you need. Tablets and mobiles are not recommended for online learning.
Dates: 6/6, 13/6, 20/6, 27/6, 4/7, 11/7, 18/7 and 25/7
Time: 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Course fee: $130 for full 8-week class incl. weekly e-handouts/homework
Level: NZSL Beginner - Part 5 (Level 1, Units 8 to 9)
At the end of this course, you will learn:
Unit 8 - My Place
• invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
• give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
• describe identifying features of their home (e.g. two storey, brick, white fence)
• understand and give simple directions to their homes
• identify rooms in the house
• name essential household items relevant for visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper)
Unit 9 - Everyday Activities
• communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
• talk about destinations (places) and modes of travel
• describe and discuss plans
• make interruptions (e.g. to ask a third person for information or suggest a different idea)
• wrap up activities, review, final activity and/or event
Please note that registering online confirms your place in the course. Minimum number of students applies - if minimum numbers are not meet course may be postponed or cancelled. Please read our cancellation policy.
When the registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email. Certificate of Attendance will be sent out at the end of course with 80% attendance being meet (6 out of 8 classes).
Ask your employer to cover the cost of the course as professional development! If your organisation/company is paying for your course fee, please email us at email@example.com and provide us their Reference/Purchase Order number.
NZSL Course fee
This NZSL online course fee includes weekly homework and handout emailed by your tutor. At the end of course, you will receive a copy of Certificate of Attendance (you must attend 80% classes to get a copy of e-certificate).$130.00Tax: +$3.25 WebsiteFee