Wed, 12 Jul|
NZSL for Health Online - Part 2
Learn NZSL online fast! A 3-week crash course for health professionals with little bit of NZSL skills. Costs $49 incl. e-handout and homework. Starting Wednesday, 12th July from 8.00pm - 9.00pm.
Date, Time & Location
12 Jul 2023, 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
About The Course
Learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) online via MySign!
You will still have a class and a qualified NZSL tutor to teach you and it is fully interactive - just online! 3-week online crash course designed for health professionals. You will learn health-related signs that will help you communicate with your Deaf patients and clients. Starting Wednesday, 12th July from 8.00pm - 9.00pm. This is suitable for students with basic knowledge of NZSL (with approximately 3 - 5 hours of NZSL tuition in the past).
You just need a computer/laptop with webcam and an internet connection and you have everything you need. Tablets and mobiles are not suitable.
Dates: 12/7, 19/7 and 26/7
Time: 8.00pm - 9.00pm
Fee: The cost is $49 for the full 3-week course. This includes weekly e-handouts and homework.
Course Outline for Health Professionals #2
Class One - Medical Conditions
- exchange greetings and ask about well-being
- learn days of week/clock time and making an appointment
- review numbers 1 – 20 and learn numbers 21 – 30
- Deaf culture - visual communication strategy
Class Two - Body functions
- describe basic functions of main body organs
- explain briefly about discomfort and pain-related experience
- learn numbers 31-40
- learn about months (calendar signs)
- name common health problems and different kinds of falls, accidents
- Deaf culture - literacy levels and health knowledge
Class Three - Scans and procedures
- describe and refer to common diagnostic tests and scans
- discuss about plans for recovery (treatment, surgery, etc)
- use of numbers for ranking
- review time concept in NZSL and talk about simple booking appointment time
- Deaf culture - how to work with an interpreter including informed consent
**Please note that min. numbers (4 students) must be reached for the course to go ahead. Please note registering online confirms your registration and commits you to the course.
When the registration is completed you will receive a confirmation email with details such as zoom link to join the course, check spam folder if you didn't receive the email.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to email to email@example.com. If you want us your employer to cover your fees, you can contact us so we can register you manually and your invoice will be sent to you/your employer. Thank you in advance.
This course fee includes weekly e-handouts and homework.$49.00Tax: +$1.23 WebsiteFee